Saturday 29 October 2005

Ruling of the Fates

Jake earns the ire of the heavens and has to prove himself worthy of his hypnotic powers.

Chapter I The Die is Cast

The Vampiress Countess Luna sarcastically greeted the two vampire hunters that had entered her inner chamber.  One was a young girl with shoulder length green hair who wore a long cloak and a form fitting leather armor of some sort.  Vials of holy water were strapped across her chest like a modern day solider would strap machine gun rounds across their chest.  A sword hilt was strapped to her side.
The other hunter was a man in his thirties dressed in traditional 16th century garb. "Demon we've come to slay you." He declared running at the vampire.
"Mato you idiot what are you doing!!" The young female hunter exclaimed.
"With my steak to your heart you will die" Mato cried as he reached into his pocket and withdrew and actual steak and slammed the slab of meat against the dumbfounded vampiress's chest where her heart would be.  After nothing happened Mato slammed the steak against her chest again and again.
"Why *slam* won't *slam* you *slam* die!!"
At this point Luna was getting annoyed and merely shoved him away with tremendous ease.  "So you must be the young Sai that the vampires in this country fear so much.  Why would you team up with such an idiot?"
"The villagers couldn't believe a female could be a vampire hunter and would only grant me access to the sealed off road to your castle if he came along."
The vampiress then charged at the young hunter who launched a volley of holy water at the vampiress only see they had no effect as they passed right through their target when she transformed into a fine mist. Sai then drew her sword and tried to slash at mist hoping to maybe damage the being that had transformed into it in some way.  All of sudden the mist closed in around her and reformed into the vampire who now had a grip on Sai's "armor" and was lifting her off the ground.  The vampiress looked up into her victim's eyes and her eyes began to glow as she began hypnotizing the young vampire hunter, but by now Mato had recovered and was about to pull open the cork on his vile of sun-to-go.......*Slam*

Jake snapped out of the daze he was in from getting really enthralled with the tale he was reading in his history book when Yuta had slam her fist down on the table with her complete robotic might.
"Yuta, why did you do that.....and what is that table made of."
"Jake you're supposed to be studying the 5th neko war for history. Not reading some blurb in a future chapter of the book." Diana added.
"I pretended to be sick and had to miss an advance teleportation spell class to help you out." Mina huffed.
"Why didn't you get Jessica to help you study big brother. I'm sure they learn more about this stuff at their military academies." Yuta asked.
"I tried that already. But Jessica gets really in to telling about those old wars.  Where do you think that dent in the living room wall came from?"
"I thought that was from when Katia threw Dawn into the wall when she got too near you." Mina added.
"Not that dent. The other dent. Besides I was reading cool bit of history. Who knew one of Mato's ancestors was a vampire hunter, a totally inept on but a vampire hunter none the less."
"When you say stuff like that it sounds like studying history isn't something you want to do ." Diana said.
Jake bowed down his head and developed blue shading over his eyes. "Oh I can think of about a thousand other things I'd prefer to do then study." Jake thought.
Suddenly Mato's booming voice came on over some loud speakers, "Could everyone please come down to the lab please. I have something wonderful to show you."
"Alright! Who cares if it'll be some experiment with questionable ethics. A study break is a study break." Jake thought.

They soon make their way down into the lab, which has now been set up like a factory assembly line.  Thousand of plastic bottles are in crates scattered around the lab.  Jen grabbed one.  "What's Mato Springs?" She asks.
"My new bottled water I'm marketing."
"What's the catch," Jake asked, "Is it just normal distilled water laced with something to render female drinkers hypnotized."
"Oh nothing of the sort. Just read the back." Mato says.
Jen turned it around and started to read the text, "Hello drinker. What you have in your hand is homemade Mato Springs water.  Made from the finest pure oxygen and hydrogen combined with an open flame."  Below the text was a picture of Mato holding out his hand proudly at some random pond, which would normally be okay except in the picture Mato was wearing a thong. "My Eyes!!!! I'm blind!!!" Jen yelled.
"Wait aren't pure oxygen and hydrogen the most flammable things on the planet!!" Jake yelled a second to late.  The resulting explosion could be heard miles away.  Back in the leveled lab everyone was charred and spiral eyed piled on top of Jake.
"If I wasn't in so much pain this would be the greatest day of my life." Jake said.

Meanwhile in a realm high above the earthly plain on a ghostly stage plastered with promotional posters of stage hypnotists past 4 girls sat at a table playing cards.  One was a female vampire, another was a young red head with spiral eyes, the third was a siren right out of Greek mythology, the fourth looked out of place as she was merely a young girl of high school age with long violet hair, blood red eyes, and was wearing jean shorts and a t-shirt that revealed her stomach.
"Did I ever tell you about the time I had entranced an entire cruise ship to put on my musical I wrote?" The siren said.
"Only about a thousand times." The vampire added.
Two cloaked figures and a young secretary looking girl entered from the right side of the stage.
"Kais of Hypnosis show your respect when the Fates enter and stand at attention, and further more you are not setting an example to the other Kais by gambling, and one more thing I have.......buck buck buck" The secretary had suddenly started flapping her arms like a chicken.
"Thanks." The high school girl said to the spiral eyed girl.
"I really wish you wouldn't do that." One of the Fates said.
"What can we do for you bosses?" The vampire asked.
"It is time for you to go to work." The second fate said.  "Another being on the earthly plain has gained hypnosis powers unnaturally.  And we have come to the conclusion that he is abusing him.  So it is up to one of you to take care of this....Jake Mato."
"I'll do it." Said the high school student looking girl, "I haven't had a turn in a while.  Same rules apply right.  Take away his powers for 24 hours and make him pass a trial that'll show me he is worthy of getting them back?"
"You are correct Osaka." The second fate said.
"May luck be with you, cause we sure won't be. We hate none desk job stuff." The first fate added.
The two fates exited followed by the hypnotized secretary. Osaka then faded away as she teleported down to Earth.
"Think she'll let this one live this time?" The siren asked.

Chapter II From friends to Foes

Before reaching Earth Osaka knew everything their was to know about Jake and had already thought of the perfect trial to subject him to and she went out to take care of 10 prerequisites she would need to complete before taking his powers from him.

Sarah meanwhile was talking to a news crew who were shooting a documentary "Cops: They Keep us Safe and Anger us with Speeding Tickets", when suddenly Dawn burst through the wall of the bank behind them carrying two sacks of money.  Sarah was shooting lighting from her eyes as she saw the demon. Dawn sweat dropped and started to run off.
"You won't get away this time. I've got your actions on film." Sarah shouted as she chased after Dawn leaving the pursuing camera crew in the dust. Dawn had about a mile lead on Sarah before she ducked into a narrow alley which unfortunately dead ended on her.
"Curses. I thought I knew every escape route and short cut in this city. And it's too narrow to spread my wings." Dawn thought.
"Hello" a voice said from behind her. 
Dawn turned around and saw a figure in the shadows. "Hello officer.  You're getting faster."  Osaka stepped out of the shadows and walked towards Dawn. "You're not Sarah. But you are cute. I bet you have some good energy in you."  Dawn prepared one of her hypnotic energy orbs.
"Wow that's pretty." Osaka said, "But I know of something prettier." With a flick of her wrist a pocket watch materialized in Osaka's hand and she dangled it in front of Dawn. "What the?" the dumbfounded Dawn was managed to say before Osaka began her induction.
"Just watch the watch. Relax and watch it go back and forth. Back and forth. Relax. Relax. Feel the relaxing flow all through your body from your head to the tips of your toes. So relaxed and feeling so sleepy. So sleepy your eyelids are growing heavy. So sleepy. Eyelids so heavy you don't want to keep them open anymore. Close your eyes and fall into deep hypnosis for me."
As strong willed as she was Dawn could not resist the power of a Kai of Hypnosis and succumbed to Osaka's spell.
"Now demon, you are a "friend" of Jake are you not?"
"Yes my mistress."
"Well after I strip him of his power of hypnosis you will no longer be his friend, but rather hate him with every fiber of your being is that clear."
"Yes my mistress."
"Excellent. Now in a moment you will wake up and act as you normally would, with no memory of being hypnotized, but the instant I steal his powers you will instantly come to my location and be anti-Jake." Osaka turned to leave the alley when Sarah appeared at its entrance.
"What the devil's going on here?" Sarah asked.
"You just saved me a trip. That's what's going on here." Osaka said smiling and holding up the pocket watch.

Later that day at the school Yuta, Mina and Diana were in an empty classroom talking about the upcoming school carnival.
"Then it's settled. I'll do games. Mina will do fireworks and other special effects with magic. And Yuta, you're on food detail." Diana said.
"But I want to do games." Yuta said.
"Last I checked your definition of games involved looking in peoples eyes and making them strip down to their underwear." Mina said.
"It's more fun that way." Yuta said in her defense.
"How about a slumber party?" Said a voice from behind them.
They turned and found Osaka standing by the door. "That'd be against school policy to an insane degree." Diana said.
"I didn't mean at the carnival. I meant right now," Osaka said producing her pocket watch and began swinging it before the 3 girls. "Watch the watch. Watch it swing from side to side. Back and forth. Back and forth. Beginning to relax. Relaxing. Relax for me. Just concentrate on the beautiful watch. It is a beautiful watch. So beautiful that nothing else matter but me, my voice, and of course the beautiful watch. Let everything fade away as you continue to focus on the watch. Let all your stresses and worries melt away as you relax even more for me. Relax. So relaxed you are beginning to feel sleepy. So sleepy that your eyelids are beginning to grow heavy. So heavy that by the time I count' backwards from 5 to zero you will no longer be able to hold them open. 5... Still focusing on the watch like good subjects. 4... Eyelids so heavy like lead weights. 3.. So sleepy it's like you haven't slept in a week. 2... Giving up on any resistance and letting yourself give in to the hypnosis. 1... So sleepy, eyelids so heavy, wanting nothing more then to fall asleep for me. Zero now sleep for me." Osaka smiled as the three girls heads fell to their chests after they eyes had closed.
"Wow I didn't even know I could entrance bio-organic robots." Osaka said. "Wait I'm hypnosis incarnate I could hypnotize a house plant if I wanted to. Now girls I'll let you get back to your little council if you promise me that once I take Jake's hypnotic power you will come to my location and be ready to cause severe bodily harm to him."
"Of course we will Mistress Osaka." The three girls said in unison.
"Excellent." Osaka said snapping her fingers as she left the room.
An hour later Fawn's manager was dumbfounded as to why she was sleeping in her dressing room and was over an hour late to her concert.  The fans were about to riot.  Osaka meanwhile had left long before the sleeping Fawn had been discovered and was making her way to her next target.

Jake meanwhile (You thought I had forgotten about him didn't you) was near death as he had somehow been tricked into shoe shopping with Katia at the mall.
"Oh my love which of these do you like better. These or these."
Jake sweat dropped as he stared at the two seemingly identical shoes, "Uh they look the same to me."
"Oh no silly. These are black with 2 mm stitching and these are onyx with 1.9999999 mm stitching. They're totally different. Now which do you think looks better."
"If I tell her one will she please stop this shopping trip?" Jake thought looking up at the heavens. "The onyx ones look the best." Jake said.
"I thought so too. They are the best 1.9999999 stitching shoes on the market.  But there's still the matter of the other 37 colors to choose from."
Jake's face froze with the sound of glass shattering as he fell down with a hand pointed in the air. "What did I ever do to you?" He thought.  As Katia began debating between red or candy apple an escape plan formed in his head. "Hey Katia why don't I get us some smoothies."
"That sounds wonderful my love.  I'll have the loganberries.  They're supposed to make us elves even more beautiful for our true loves."
Jake ran off and several minutes later at the "Smoothie Shack" an employee dumped a half full cup into a trash can. Unfortunately Jake had chosen to hide in said can. "Still beats shoe shopping." Jake thought.

Jessica meanwhile was confused as to why a hastily hand written note by her commanding officer had told her to report to super-dyno-whopping-extra-special-double-secret training.  Never the less she made her way to the room listed on the note. Inside was a chair and Osaka wearing a uniform that flaunted her beauty like Jessica wore hers.
"Hey we could be twins," Osaka said, "Have a seat."
Jessica followed Osaka's order, "So what does this training entail."
"It trains you to hate your enemy even more. Even if that enemy is a friend." Osaka said flicking her wrist making her pocket watch materialize again and began hypnotizing the unsuspecting Jessica, "Look at me, and look at the watch. Relax. Relax, and grow sleepy. See the watch slowly spinning and sparkling in the light, hear my voice guiding you deeper and deeper into trance, deeper and deeper into hypnosis. I am going to count down from 10 to one. When I reach one, you will find yourself deep in my hypnotic power. 10..listen and relax...9..going deeper....8...falling..7 ...slipping into trance..6..letting my voice intoxicate you...5..your eyes are getting very, very heavy...4... coming under my power...3 deeply.... 2 deeply....one - hypnotized. Jessica I want you to listen to me very closely. My voice is inside your head. My words are your thoughts. You will obey all of my commands with out hesitation, do you understand?"
"Yes mistress Osaka." Jessica said standing up and at attention.
Several minutes later Jessica emerged from the room none the wiser but deep in her mind a spiel about declaring war on Jake was waiting to come out.  Osaka though was heading into the heart of Jake's territory with her eyes set on entrancing the home bound girls.
Jake meanwhile was still hiding in the trash can and after the 15th half full smoothie cup fell in on him he said, "Hey stop that already." The spooked smoothie shop employee ran off screaming about killer trash cans. "Why didn't I think of that earlier?" Jake thought.

Lucia and Jen were sitting at home. "It sure is quiet with Mato out of town trying to get more funding."
"Do you wish for me to start causing several explosions Jen?" Lucia asked
"Noooooo. There's no need for that. Jen said.
A knock on the door caused Lucia to leave the room to answer it. A smiling Osaka was waiting at the entrance. "Hi, I'm selling subscriptions to Genies Monthly. Is there a genie in the house?
"Why yes." Lucia said happily.  "She's right in here."
Osaka smiled as the angel led her into the house "All too easy," She thought.

Jake meanwhile had seen Katia leave the mall and was taking the long way home as to avoid her.
Katia meanwhile had just arrived at the house. "I wonder why Jake would leave me. Perhaps he was just saying he was leaving for smoothies so he could come home and prepare a bigger surprise." Katia bounded into the house. "I am home Jake and ready to receive my surprise." Katia was surprised alright though since Lucia and Jen both were sleeping in the living room. "What happened?"
"I happened." Osaka said as she emerged from the kitchen eating something. "Whew. Whoever cooked this should be dragged out into the street and shot."
Katia became very large and started shouting at the small Osaka, "How dare you I made that for Jake!!! Who are!! Why are you here!!! Why are my friends asleep!!!  And how dare you insult my cooking!!!"
"You really need to relax princess." Osaka said calmly. "You need to relax and watch my watch. Just focus your attention on the watch. It's so beautiful the way the light reflects off the gold. It's so easy to look at and not see anything else. Just watch it swing back and forth. From side to side. Back and forth. And since it's a watch it represents time. But not the one you're used to. One of schedules and stress. It represents a time of relaxation. Just look at the watch and feel yourselves falling into this time of relaxation. Feel yourselves relax. Feel the relaxation spread through your whole body. As you continue to focus all your attention on the watch. That's it you're doing very well. Now your relaxation is increasing with each swing. So very relaxed. So very comfortable. Not a care in the world but the watch and my voice. You are just so very relaxed. So relaxed you're beginning to feel a little tired. Tired and drowsy. Drowsy and sleepy. Your eyes are feeling tired. So tired in fact that when I count from 1 to three you find that they are too heavy to hold open any longer. 1... Allowing your eyes to shut down all the way. 2... Your doing so very very well listening only to my voice and seeing only the watch. Feeling so ready to fall asleep. And now 3.. Sleep for me. Relax. Allow yourselves to sleep for me. You did so very well princess."
Katia's eyes locked shut as she became the final member of Jake's 'harem' to fall under Osaka's spell.
"Now princess you will sleep just like Jen and Lucia until I take away young Jake's hypnotic powers and when you wake up you will hate Jake, you will want to hurt him."
"No."
"What do you mean no."
"I'm sorry mistress but I cannot do that.  Jake is my true love and future husband."
"Crap. The true love barrier. The one thing I've never been able to conquer. Maybe there's a loop hole." Osaka thought.
"Well he's only in love with you and wants to marry you for wealth and status. I bet he'll divorce you before the ink's dry on the marriage certificate if it's just for the money."
"This this can't be true."
"Would I lie to you Katia."
"No...no you wouldn't mistress.....Jake will pay."
"Yes yes that's all good, but for now sleep for me." With that Katia laid down on the floor while Osaka sat and waited for Jake to come home.

Chapter III Yoto City Survior
Jake had taken a slight detour through a health club's locker rooms to hose off.  Being covered with smoothie and walking home the long way proved to be too uncomfortable and by the time he was back home he was dried off. As he entered the house he saw the three sleeping girls.  "Hmmm there's a logical explanation to this. Dawwwwwwwwwwn!!! Get in here!"
Osaka stepped into the room.
"You're not Dawn. You're..You're....Hey who are you."
"I am Osaka. Kai of Hypnosis."
"So it's safe to assume that this is your work."
"Give the boy a gold star."
"Stop it."
"All business I see. Well so am I.  Jake the fates have determined that you have been abusing your powers."
"But I use them for good (most of the time)."
"Either way the Fates have decided that you must be stripped of them."
"Wait wait wait. You must be talking about my clone. He was evil and I bet he's the one you're looking for."
"Sorry the Fates learned to tell the difference between clones and the real deal many years ago during the reign of Xeroxon."
"Crap I'm running out of excuses aren't I?"
"Yup."
"Well how can you take away my powers if you don't want to do it anymore." Jake said taking out his pendant.
"I'm hypnosis incarnate.  I can't be hypnotized. I mean I hang out with a girl who has spiraling eyes 24/7 for crying out loud."
"Oh.  Well let's see about brute force." Jake said activating the PAT armor becoming Captain Anime. Osaka started laughing. "I can't help it if it's pink!!!" Jake shouts.
"I wasn't laughing at that. I was laughing at you thinking that could stop me in the power suit."
"We'll see who's laughing in a minute." Jake said charging at Osaka. Osaka merely poked the suit with her finger and it collapsed off Jake's body in pieces. "Eeep." Jake said, but quickly rushed to the nearest entrance to Mato's lab.
"Why do they always run?" Osaka said chasing after him. She soon found herself in Mato's lab which had been rebuilt and looked like the Mato Springs operation was about to go into production again. "What the?"
"Welcome to Mato Springs." Jake said from behind a blast shield as he pushed the firing button.
Meanwhile at the government's headquarters where Mato was trying to get more funding they felt the explosion caused by Jake activating the firing button.
"Oh that Jake.  He should really stick to being a ladies man then a business man." Mato thought.
Back at the lab Jake was walking amongst the debris when out of the smoke a hand grabbed his hair and dragged him back up the stairs before throwing him on the ground. He looked up at an angry Osaka.
"Hi....Something tells me you didn't enjoy that."
"No. But today is your lucky day. Normally I'm a lot more harsh but I feel you should at least have one more chance."
Jake thought "Okay I can't hypnotize her, I can't destroy her with explosions or the PAT suit.  Oh I know." Jake started straining and screaming and jumping around wildly.
"What the crap." Osaka said weirded out by Jake's behavior. After a minute Jake stopped and trying to catch his breath. "Break a blood vessel?" Osaka asked.
"So....has my hair grown down past my waist and become super spikey like a super sayian 3?"
"No."
"Crap."
Osaka then grabbed Jake and energy began to flow out of his body. After a minute Jake fell to ground in pain. Osaka smiled at the ball of energy with a spiral in it in her hand.  Jake recovered and got to his feet only to find to his dismay all of the girls were back and due to Osaka's post-hypnotic suggestion looking at him angrily.
"Oh crap what now?" Jake asked.
"Oh, they're just following orders from I hypnotized them," Osaka said.
"What?  Why?"
"Well in accordance to the laws determined by the Fates those who are given great powers and then found to have abused them must have them taken away and then in order to get them back they must pass a trial to determine if they are worthy to get said power back."
"So what does hypnotizing my friends have to do with this?"
"They're your trial.  Without your powers to turn them back to your side you must survive being hunted down by them for 24 hours. Using ones powers to turn those who have turned against them directly back over to their side is in my eyes the greatest form of cheating in the universe....next to using cheat codes in video games."
"Survive?  You mean they could kill me!!!!"
"Oh no. They'll just beat you up to an insane degree.  Which is a lot more fun to see. Now I'm gonna give you a 3 minute head start. Clock starts when I count to three. Ready....3!!!"
"I really don't like you."
"2 minutes 50 seconds."
"Eeep" Jake ran off into the city.  Followed 2 minutes and 50 seconds later by 10 hypnotized girls.
Jake didn't know what to do.  "Okay I've got 24 hours to avoid being beaten to a pulp by my hypnotized friends all because some higher beings feel I've abused my powers.  Why shouldn't they go after Mato he gave them to me?" Jake stopped dead in his tracks. Sarah and Dawn were approaching him from opposite directions. "Hey guys I know there must be some shred of your non hypnotized personas in there. Look at yourselves you hate each other. Why are you working together.?"
"Because right now we only hate you." Sarah says coldly.
"Oh. But there's one thing you forgot......What the hell is that!!" Jake said pointing off in a random direction. Suprisingly Sarah and Dawn looked and Jake ran off "Yoink." He yelled. Several minutes later Sarah and Dawn were still looking.
"I think he tricked us.  Osaka will be most displeased." Dawn said.
Jake ran into the center of town and immediately he came across a large group of other people running.
"Hey you're not in the marathon." One said.
"Trust me I'm running weather you like it or not." Just then a large mechanical foot stepped into the street. Jessica had arrived in her mech. Jake redoubled his efforts and ran to the finish line tape which was rather easy since the other runners scattered.  He ducked under the tape and kept running.  When Jessica reached the finish line tape rather then snapping it tripped her mech.
" I always wondered if that would work." Jake thought, but was interrupted when one of his arms turned to ice. "What the."  He turned around and saw Mina and Diana standing behind him.  Diana charged at Jake, but he blocked with his iced arm and she merely shattered the ice away.  Jake made a quick getaway down an alley. A missed fire blast from Mina hit a steam pipe aiding in his escape.  He made his way into a department store and pretended to just be another customer when he spotted Yuta across the store.
"Oh crap." he thought ducking behind a sunglasses display. "Wait can Yuta hypnotize me I forget.  Hey sunglasses, protects against UVA, UVB, and UVEFG. Hopefully one of those is the same thing as spiral eyed robot girl." he quickly put them on.
"Hey Jack you gonna pay for those." One of the clerks yelled.
"It's Jake! Not Jack!...I mean....aww nuts." The second he had yelled out his name Yuta was rushing towards him and he narrowly avoided one of her killer bear hugs before running into a dressing room.  Where one of her fists immediately came through the door.
"Smart move Jake go into an enclosed space she can easily break into and corner you."  He noticed that the rooms didn't connect at the floor though so he could duck through to an adjoining room, but not before removing a ceiling tile (it was a low ceiling).  He waited in the one next door until Yuta jumped up into the ceiling thinking that was where he went.
Nightfall was coming now and 17 hours still remained. Jake went into one of the display playhouses outside a store hoping to crash there for the night. "Good thing it's summer." He thought.
The girls had regrouped at the house since finding Jake in the dark became too difficult.  Osaka was busy reprimanding them.
"I'm very disappointed in you.  Not only are you the largest group I've ever had do this but also the only group that's gone this long without stopping the target from passing the trial."
"We're sorry Osaka." the girls said in unison.
"Don't give me sorry. Give me results.  Geez one of you is a cop and one of you is in the army. Why don't you send you fellow soldiers/officers after him?  The sun comes up in 8 hours I suggest you work extra hard tomorrow."

Chapter IV The final 9 Hours.

Jake woke up and hit his head on the roof of the tiny house.  He looked at a clock on the bank. "9 More hours of Hell. What can those girls do to me today.....awww crap." He looked on the wall of the bank and saw his name on the most wanted list. "Wanted for Extortion, Tax-evasion, and jay walking. Oh joy Sarah just made an already bad day worse."
While Sarah had merely hacked into the office computers to put out the bogus most wanted list Jessica had gone the extra mile and recruited some of her fellow officers via hypnosis to help her hunt down Jake.
After making his way though a foggy alley he found himself face to face with the police force.  An officer with a bullhorn not three feet from him started shouting into it. "GIVE IT UP JAKE!! WE DON'T WANT TO HURT YOU!!"
"Dude I'm like three feet from you. Oh and what the hell is that." Jake said point off in some random direction. Again the cops looked and Jake ran off "Yoink." He yelled. Several minutes later the cops are still looking.
As Jake ran off he thought, "I must vow never to use that phrase for evil."  He was running towards the school. "Ah hollowed ground they won't come for me here...oh wait that's a church. Still it's a good hiding place."  He ran into the school but looking in a classroom he knew he wouldn't be safe there, since in a classroom Yuta was facing the students with spirals in her eyes.
"You will obey Yuta."
"We will obey Yuta."
"You will help Yuta find Jake."
"We will help find the Jake."
Katia was busy with a phone call in the meantime, "But daddy according Osaka he said you didn't deserve to be on the throne. That you weren't of royal blood and were a pauper king. What do you mean everyone is entitled to their opinion. What do you mean you won't send the elite guard to hunt him down.  What do you mean you're hanging up now....phooey."
"Stop being a princess and hunt him down yourself." Osaka commanded.  Katia immediately bolted out the door.
By that time the Jake was running towards the mall.  "I'll get lost in the crowd" he thought but stopped when he saw a sign.  "Today: Special concert by Siren." already Jake could hear the chants of "Get Jake! Get Jake!" coming from inside the mall.  Jake then spied a church.
"Ah real hollowed ground." He pulled open the doors only to be greeted by Lucia in her warrior mode. She unsheathed one of her swords of fire and cut at Jake. It only cut a slice through his shirt though.
"Hey that was my favorite shirt...I mean oh crap!" Jake said. He made another hasty retreat with Lucia in hot pursuit. He ducked around a corner when a huge crash came from behind him. He looked up and saw some "War of the Worlds" type tri-pod machines behind him.
"Say hello the newest mechs Jake." Jessica said over a loud speaker. To add insult to injury two hypnotized armies led by Yuta and Fawn were converging on him. He quickly looked around for an escape. "Manhole!" he exclaimed looking down. He was able to remove the cover and duck down into the sewers.  A river of green murky water flowed beside him. "Ahhh good old anime sewers.  The easily removable manhole cover, green water and no smell. He began walking around looking for maybe a way to prop the manhole covers closed when he saw Jen approaching him. "I can't win can I?" Jake said.
"What's that Jake? You wish for a tsunami of sewer water. Okay." Jen said. In an instant a wall of green water swept Jake down the sewer. He eventually washed out in a drainage ditch near the river. Coughing and gagging he climbed up the embankment back into the city. Much to his dismay the girls and the ones they had hypnotized were waiting for him.
"How did you guys get here so fast?"
"A witch did it." Mina said with a smile.
"Get him." Yuta exclaimed and everyone charged towards Jake.
He braced himself for impact, but it never came.  He looked up and saw everyone was frozen
"Okay there's a logical explanation for this. Obviously someone up there likes me." 
Osaka appeared before him looking rather angry.  "Time is up and even though you were in a losing situation you still had to be beaten to a pulp to not pass the trial."
"Ya not being beaten to a pulp is defiantly a good thing."
"Well I guess you proved you can get your powers back."
"Ya but what should I avoid doing so as to avoid being punished by those Fates again. I mean their rules seem kinda lax when it comes to what power is abuse is. I mean they go after the good guy and not the bad guy."
"I don't know. I never go to those stupid rule meetings.  Half the time the siren and me are busy annoying the Kais of all things small and gross."
"Greaaaaaaat." Jake said with a sweat drop. "You seem kinda angry that I passed the trial."
"Ya normally if they do they rub it in our faces but you seem like an okay kid."
"Thanks...I think. Even though I get my powers back what about all this." Jake says pointing at the mass of hypnotized frozen people.
"Oh when you wake up everything will be as it should be. No one but you will remember what transpired here."
"What do you mean when I wake up?"
Osaka smiled and made her watch appear. "Watch the watch Jake......."

The next morning Jake woke up.  "Hmmm I feel normal. Guess she kept her word."
Jake made his way downstairs and saw the girls seated for breakfast.
"Jake!!" They exclaimed excitedly.
"What is this 'Cheers'?"
"Huh?"
"Never mind." Jake put a bagel in the toaster and started to make an omelet and some bacon in order to make a bag-om-con.
"I still say that sounds like a bad sci-fi convention." Dawn said.
Mato meanwhile emerged from the lab. "Come quick I have wonderful news!" Jake and the girls followed him down.  The lab was still looking like a drink factory.
"Oh no not more homemade water." Katia said.
"Oh don't be silly. I'm in the energy drink business now." Mato said.
"Mato Springs Energy Drink: Only sugar has more sugar.....Catchy." Jake said.
"Surely this isn't what you called us down for." Yuta said.
"You're right Yuta. This is" Mato said pointing a machine. "I give you the time grabber.  You can grab and object from time and bring it here."
"Wow that's cool." Jake said. "But why do we need it."
"Jake my boy it seems the government wants to cut my funding.  So I plan to make up for the budget cut by selling pristine historical artifacts online."
"That's insane. Won't it alter the time stream."
"Of course not. Now watch when I grab something. I can assure you nothing bad will happen." Mato reached in and grabbed a chalice and handed it to Jake.
"Okay I gotta admit that is unbearably cool."
"Uh I'd get rid of that Jake. It's the cursed Chalice of Xeroxon." Jen said.
A light fixture then broke loose and landed on Jake.  "You said nothing bad would happen!!" Jake yelled.
"I meant to history."
Jake and the girls fell over in typical anime fashion.

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment