Thursday 9 February 2006

Dawn and Sarah Switch Bodies

With a title like this, do you really need a synopsis?



“It’s too bad you have to go, Jessica,” Sarah said.  Sarah and the rest of the household were outside, bidding farewell to Jessica.  Jessica was standing in front of her Lucky Lady giant robot, which was kneeling on the street.
Jessica hugged her friend.  “I know.  But the situation at the harbor is getting worst.  Giant arctic snakes keep coming in numbers, and there’s evidence of insurgents in a nearby country using giant robots to try and overthrow the established government.  They really need my help out there.”
Sarah smiled at her best friend.  “Just watch your back out there.  And hurry back.”
Jessica returned the smile.  “I’ll do my best.”  She entered Lucky Lady.  Jake, Mato, Lucia, Fawn, Yuta, Jen, Sarah, and Katia waved and cheered her farewell.  Dawn just gave her a respectful mock salute.
Lucky Lady then stood up and started running down the street, leaving huge impact craters in the ground where its footsteps had fallen.
*Sweat drops on everyone as they witness the destruction of public property.*
Sarah pressed down on her right ear blade.  “Um, Jessica, sorry to bother you, but if you make one more crater, I’m going to have to report you.”
*Sweat drop on Lucky Lady as Jessica starts moving at a gentler pace.*
Sarah pressed on her ear blade again.  “We have damage, type three.  Please send appropriate crew to the following address.”  When she finished, she turned to the group.  “There goes the closest friend I’ve ever had.”
Dawn smirked.  “Oh, come on, Sarah.  You and I have been a lot closer than that.”
“The closest friend I’ve ever had,” Sarah repeated, not giving any attention to Dawn.
************
Late that night, Jake had just finished playing the video game adaptation of the final Cosmic Conflict movie, Reemergence of the Do-Gooders, and had gone down to the kitchen for a meal before going to bed.  As he walked back to his room, he passed Dawn’s door and heard voices coming from it.  Curious, he pressed his ear against the door.
“Now, who’s your closest friend?” Dawn’s voice said.
“You are, my lady,” came a monotone answer in Sarah’s voice.
“I love the sound of that.  My lady.  It’s so kinky.”
Jake rolled his eyes.   He thought about going in and entrancing both women so he could have some fun, but decided he was too tired.  He kept listening.
“Now, you’re clear on what you’re going to do for me?”
“Yes, my lady.  It will be done.”
“Good.  Now go to bed.”
Jake heard footsteps approaching, so he ran to Sarah’s room.  A minute later, Sarah entered and began undressing.  Jake snuck up behind her and laid his hands on her shoulders.  His hands started glowing.  A few minutes later, Sarah obeyed him instead of Dawn.
“Sarah, are you listening?”
“Yes, my lord.”
Jake rolled his eyes again.  “Master will suffice.  Man, Dawn has got to stop screwing around with people’s heads.  Now, Sarah?”
“Yes, master?”
“What did Dawn order you to do?”
“Go into work tomorrow, raid the evidence room of anything she’d like, and bring it back to her.”
“Okay.  Wake u-, wait.  When you wake up, you will not be shocked that I am in your room with you.  Now wake up.”
Sarah blinked, and regained her senses.  She saw Jake.  “What are you doing here?”
Jake filled her in on Dawn’s plans.
*Fire alights in Sarah’s eyes.*  She ground her teeth.  “That bitch.  Thanks for the save, Jake.  This is almost as embarrassing as the time she made me do that striptease at the cybergeek convention.  People on the street still recognize me from the internet postings of those pictures.”
“This rivalry between you two has to stop,” Jake said.
“It’ll stop as soon as I put her in jail.”
“That, or I could hypnotize you both and make you be friends,” Jake said without thinking first, reaching for his pendant.  An instant later, Sarah had him in a very painful armhold.
“What were you saying?” Sarah growled.  Being hypnotized twice tonight was enough for her.
“Nothing!  Nothing!”
“Good.”  She let him go.
Jake rubbed his arm.  “Ok, bad idea.  But seriously, maybe you should look at things from Dawn’s perspective.  She likes to have her fun, and you try to stop her.  Of course she’s going to try and humiliate and use you.”
“I don’t want to see things through Dawn’s perspective.  She’s a criminal and a demon.”
“Okay.  But I still think you take this thing with her too far.  When she first hypnotized you to help her rob that bank, you made it your life’s agenda to put her away.  She only bothers you now because you keep annoying her.”
Sarah was starting to get very angry.  “You do not want to take her side right now, Jake,” she threatened.
Jake held up his hands.  “Hey, I’m not trying to take anybody’s side.  I’m trying to be objective.  All I want is some peace in this house.”
“Good luck,” Sarah scoffed.  “Right now, I just want some payback.”  She smiled, and started rubbing one finger around Jake’s chest.  “You know, if you’d help me, I’d be very grateful,” she said seductively.
*Jake turns red with embarrassment, and steam starts shooting out of his ears.*  “O, Okay.”
When it comes to teenage boys, who needs hypnosis? Sarah thought.
*********************
Dawn got out of bed the next morning.  For some reason, she had slept better than usual.  She stretched out her arms and headed downstairs to the living room.  “I wonder what goodies my cute little marionette has brought for me.”
Dawn saw a large black duffel bag sitting on a table in the living room.  She smiled and walked over to it.  “It’s like Christmas, or a birthday.  I wonder what I’ll get when I open it.”  She unzipped the bag and looked inside.
A large black spider jumped out of the bag and attached itself to her face.  Dawn started screaming and fumbling about the room, trying to tear the spider off her face.  It took her a few moments, but she finally succeeded.  She then threw the spider out an open window and began panting.
She heard laughing coming from the stairs.  She turned to see Sarah, holding some sort of video recorder.
“YOU!!!”
Sarah stopped laughing, but she was still happy.  “Yes, it was me!” she said dramatically.  “I found out what you did to me last night, so I ‘convinced’ Jake to ‘persuade’ you to reveal your deepest fears to him.  I’m sure that all the fans of the succubi websites will be very happy to have this footage put up.”
Dawn leaped for Sarah, extremely angry.  “You wouldn’t!”
Sarah quickly tapped a button on the side of the camera.  “I just did.”
Dawn screamed even more loudly.  She and Sarah began fighting.  They wrestled in the living room.  They wrestled in the kitchen, where everyone was eating breakfast.  *Everyone is calmly eating breakfast while Dawn and Sarah, in a fight dust cloud, are rolling around the room.  Everyone is just ignoring them, as if they don’t exist.*  They eventually wrestled their way into the lab.
************
“So, you see, Jake, that is why puzzle games will always be superior to RPGs,” Mato told Jake.  They were in the lab, and were having a fierce debate over video games.
Before Jake could make a retort the to professor’s outrageous claim, the fighting cloud that was Dawn and Sarah entered the room.  Their fighting started knocking over tables, spilling beakers of chemicals, wrecking machines.
“After I beat you to a pulp, I swear I’ll make you dream your worst nightmares every night!”
“Ha!  You think you can scare me with those wimpy threats?”
*Sweat drops on Jake and Mato as they survey the fight.*  Eventually, Mato became annoyed enough that he picked up a megaphone from a nearby table and faced the girls.
“DO YOU MIND!?” he yelled into the megaphone.  The megaphone amplified his voice several times over, and the shock of the sound wave blasted Sarah and Dawn into two capsules, similar to the ones that had spawned Jake’s evil clone.  Inside both capsules were control panels, and both girls accidentally hit their palms against both panels.  The doors sealed on both capsules, trapping Dawn and Sarah inside.
The other house mates entered the lab, having heard Mato’s megaphone.
Before anyone could say anything, the two capsules started emitting some kind of energy.  The capsule with Sarah in it emitted green energy which flowed to Dawn’s capsule, which was emitting red energy which flowed to Sarah’s capsule.  All of the girls and Jake watched in fear.  Mato watched with interest.
A moment later, the energy transfer stopped, and both capsules opened.  Everyone braced themselves for what could emerge.
Out walked Dawn and Sarah from their respective capsules.  They both looked groggy and out of it.  They shook their heads and looked at one another.
“Hey, who put this mirror here?” they both asked, pointing at one another.  “Hey, why does my voice sound different?” they both said.  They looked at each other again.  “This is a really clean mirror.  I can’t tell I’m looking at a reflection.”
While the others were confused, Mato was quite pleased.  “There is no mirror there, Dawn and Sarah.”
“What are you talking about, old man?”  They walked towards each other.  They reached out to press their palms together.  “See, I’m about to press my hand against-“  They broke off as their hands made physical contact.  They took a closer look at one other.  Then, in perfect synchronicity, they reached out and grabbed each others noses.  After standing in confusion for a minute, they screamed.  “Ah, I’ve got a clone!”
“What is going on?!” Jake and the girls yelled.
“It’s quite simple,” Mato said, stepping towards the two girls.  “Dawn and Sarah have switched bodies.”
“.........”
“WHAT!?!”
As Mato started explaining, Dawn and Sarah began frantically examining their new bodies, hoping to find out that it wasn’t true, listening to Mato with only half their attention.
“You see, the device they fell into-“
“You mean the device you knocked them into,” Jake reminded him sternly.
“Whatever.  Anyway, that device was my experimental mind switcher.  It takes the neural energies, which is believed to contain a person’s consciousness, of those occupying both capsules and switches them with the host of the opposing capsules.”
“And you invented that because...?” Fawn asked.
“For the spy industry.  They seemed quite eager with the idea of putting their operatives minds inside their enemies bodies for espionage purposes.”
“That... actually makes a lot of sense,” Jen admitted.
“Of course.  I am a genius!  Anyway, I was never able to finish programming them correctly, so they’ve never worked.  Until now.  Apparently, when Dawn and Sarah accidentally hit their control panels, they both inputted exactly the right programming for the machines to work.”
“What are the odds of that happening?” Jake asked.
Mato typed a few numbers into a nearby computer terminal.  “Approximately three thousand seven hundred and twenty to one.”
“Never mind the odds!” Sarah yelled, looking at her new tail in disgust.  “Can you get us back to normal?”
“Oh, sure.”
“Phew.”  Sarah wiped her brow.
“It’ll take about a week.”
“A WEEK!?” Dawn and Sarah yelled.
“The machine has to be recharged very slowly.  Otherwise, it could overload.”
“This is bizarre,” Lucia said.
Sarah held her new head in her hands.  “This is so humiliating,” she moaned.
Dawn, meanwhile, was cupping her new breasts.  “I don’t know.  I think this is kind of fun.”
“Stop that!” Sarah yelled.
“What are you going to do?  Arrest me?” Dawn mocked.  “I’ve got your handcuffs and your badge.”  She started ruffling her green hair.  “How can you stand having such clean, short hair?  And that awful color?”
“Stop messing up my hair!” Sarah demanded.
Everyone else is just being quiet, watching the weird scene.
“Or else what?” Dawn asked, unafraid.
Sarah got a very mean look on her face and started biting her nails.
“Hey!  Stop that!” Dawn yelled.  “Do you know how much effort it takes to get those nails just the way I want them?!”  In retaliation, Dawn grabbed her left pinky and pulled it back, and a cracking sound was heard.
“Oh, yeah?”  Sarah grabbed her right wrist and pushed down, and another cracking sound was heard.
*Sweat drops on the bystanders.*
“This is going to be a long week, isn’t it?” Jake asked.
Dawn reached for her upper left arm.
“Oh, yes,” said Jen, Fawn, and Katia.
************
A short time later, Dawn and Sarah had had enough of playing ‘who can dish out and take the most damage’.  Mato used one of his gadgets to quickly mend their bodies, and the group was now gathered in the living room.
“This is all your fault, you know, Jake,” Sarah said.
“Me!?  What did I do?”
“You said last night I should try seeing things through Dawn’s perspective.  That was such a jinx for this to happen.”
Jake rolled his eyes.  “Name one other time something like that has happened,” he challenged her.
“That time you said that microwaves, unlike toasters, are harmless, and the next day a microwave messed up a whole bunch of my implants,” Sarah countered.
“And that time you said that I shouldn’t sing so much and I soon afterwards got laryngitis,” Fawn pointed out.
“And that time you said that nature does more good than bad, and tree people started attacking the city the same day,” Dawn added.
“And that time you said that playing too many video games never hurt anyone, and then your eyes started to bleed a minute later,” Mato remembered.
“And that time you said playing my games at that convention would be fine, and-“ Yuta started to say.
“Alright!!  I get the idea!!” Jake yelled.
Suddenly, Sarah noticed something.  “Hold on.  Where’s Dawn?”
“She slipped out the door about a minute ago,” Katia said.  “I think she had your purse.”
Sarah got wide eyed in fear.  “Mato!  I need you to build me a voice synthesizer that can imitate my real voice,” she said.
“I’m not going to build you a voice synthesizer,” Mato told her.
“But-“
“I’ve already got one right here.”  He reached into his lab coat and pulled out a pen like device and handed it to Sarah.
“That’s incredibly convenient,” Jake pointed out suspiciously.
“Never doubt science!” Mato declared.
Sarah went over to a phone, dialed a number, held the voice synthesizer in front of her mouth, and started speaking.  The device recreated her real voice perfectly.
“Hello, is this Vista Credit Card?  Thank you.  My name is Sarah, and I’d like to invalidate my current card.”
***********
Dawn returned several hours later, looking extremely annoyed.  She walked up to Sarah.
“You’re such a spoil sport,” she said.
Sarah smirked at her.  “And you’re very predictable.  I knew you’d try to buy things using my money, so I made sure you couldn’t.  All my cards are invalidated, my bank account is off limits, my savings sealed, my tabs unusable.”
Dawn pouted.  “Then I guess I’ll just go find another way to have some fun.  Maybe I’ll let some of my colleagues out of prison.”
“And I called the police station,” Sarah added.  “I’m off duty for the next week.  I told them that one of Mato’s gizmos did something to my head, and I might not be in my right mind till then.  Oh, and Dawn?”  Sarah held out her hand.  “Give me my police equipment, including my weapons,” she ordered.
Dawn chuckled.  “Like I’m going to listen to-“
“If you don’t, I’ll have your tail surgically removed,” Sarah threatened seriously.
Dawn looked extremely infuriated, then sighed and handed Sarah’s things over to her.  Then she smirked back at Sarah.  “There are other ways of having fun,” she declared, pulling some photos out of her purse and showing them to Sarah.
Sarah looked at them.  They showed her body doing a strip tease at a club where there were only women.
*Sarah gets bug eyed looking at the photos.*
“AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”
*Her scream has thrown everything, and everyone, in the living room against the walls.*
“It’s going to be a veerrryyy long week,” Jake moaned.
*************
Indeed, it was a very long week.  It was full of Dawn and Sarah making threats against the bodies they now possessed, some of which were carried out.
“YOU DYED MY HAIR GREEN!?!”
“YOU SOLD MY POLICE VEHICLES!?!?”
“You know, Sarah, I think I might go and buy a tub of each kind of ice cream there is and eat it.”
“Oh?  Well, I’m suddenly having an urge to join a nunnery and have pictures taken.”
Sarah walked in on Dawn using Sarah’s ear blade monitor.  “What are you doing?”
“Me?  I was just looking through some personnel files.  Hey, everyone, did you know Sarah has a criminal record?”
Everyone stared at Sarah in shock.
Sarah turned red with embarrassment and fury.  “All I did was steal a candy bar as a kid.”
“And?” Dawn prompted.
Sarah blushed deeper.  “And got a speeding ticket.”  That elicited a laugh from Jen.
“And?”
Her face is redder than her hair.  “And someone accused me of sexual harassment after I put them in a body hold.”
“And?”
Later that day, Dawn entered the kitchen to see Sarah reading from a little black book to the others.
When Dawn saw the book, she shrieked.  “AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!”
*Everyone and everything in the kitchen, except for Sarah and her seat, is thrown against the wall by the scream.  Birds outside the house fly away.*
“HOW DID YOU GET MY DIARY!?!?”
Sarah looked up as everyone rearranged the kitchen and resumed their seats.  “Oh, I cut myself and went into your room to get a band-aid.  As soon as a drop of my blood fell on this open book, the letters on the pages revealed themselves and I figured out what it was.  Hey, everyone, listen to this.  ‘I couldn’t find a date to take me to the big class reunion, so I paid someone to take me.’”
Sarah and everyone else started laughing.  Dawn dove for Sarah and the book, but Yuta put herself between them and blocked Dawn.
“Read more, read more,” Yuta requested.  Sarah did as she asked.
“’My monthly visitor didn’t come.  I’m starting to get worried.’”
“That was literal!” Dawn yelled.  “My best friend didn’t come and visit me on schedule!”
“Suurrrreee,” Sarah said teasingly.
“More!  More!” everyone else shouted.
“Hmmm.  Ah, here we go.  ‘I don’t care what the demon community says.  I think bunnies are cute.’”
“NOOOOOOOO!!!!!”
As the first few days passed, everyone noticed that Sarah was becoming more aggressive, easier to anger, and had started to shake visibly.
*********
The third day after they switched bodies, Sarah and Dawn decided to do something besides attempt to humiliate one another.  Dawn was out jogging, and was struck by how good it felt to do a long jog in a fit body.  Sarah was using Dawn’s wings to soar above the city, relishing in the experience of flight.
Late that evening, Sarah wandered down from her room and saw Dawn sitting on a couch, watching TV., eating from a box of ice cream.
“What did I warn you!?” Sarah cried.
“Relax, Miss Anal Retentive,” Dawn said.  “It’s low fat.”  Sarah took a bite and realized Dawn was right.
An idea entered Sarah’s head.  “So, how has your day been?” she asked.
Dawn shrugged.  “Eh, not bad.  Too be honest, I never really understood how good it felt to have a fit body.”
“And I admit that I had a lot of fun flying over the city,” Sarah said.
“Yeah, it’s pretty great.”
Now that Dawn seemed off-guard, Sarah struck.  She sat down next to Dawn and turned her head to face her.  “You know what I think, Dawn?”
Dawn turned to look at Sarah.  “What?”
“I think you should look into my eyes.”
Surprised at the statement, Dawn on impulse took notice of Sarah’s eyes.  Her deep, brown eyes.  Her beautiful, deep brown eyes.  Dawn suddenly found them very attractive and fascinating.
Dawn realized what was happening and tried to look away, but she couldn’t.  “How, did, you...?” she managed to say.
Sarah smiled.  “Your diary was very helpful.  Now, just relax, and keep staring.”
Dawn tried to fight.  “No, no, I, can’t, be, hypnotized.”
“Why not?  You like to have fun, don’t you?” Sarah softly asked.  Dawn dumbly nodded.  “Wouldn’t it be fun to just keep staring into my eyes, and to let all those worries, all that pesky decision making flow away into them, lost in the deep vastness of my eyes.  Just relax, and let yourself drift away.”
Dawn was fighting a losing battle.  “Drift... away...”
“Yes, drift away.  You’ve been dominant so many times.  You must wonder what it’s like to not be the one in charge.  Let me make the decisions for you.”
After a few minutes, Dawn’s eyes were closed, her head slumped forward, her mind relaxed.
Sarah smiled as she viewed her conquest.  Finally, that bitch will follow my orders.  “Dawn, can you hear me?”
“Yes, Sarah,” Dawn serenely replied.
“Do you want to do what I say?”
“Yes, Sarah.”
“Then why don’t you call me ‘mistress’?”
Dawn’s sleepy face suddenly assumed a look of consternation and conflict.  “I, I want to, Sarah, but I can’t.”
Sarah frowned, annoyed.  “What do you mean?”
“I want to do what you say, but, but somehow, I don’t.”
“I don’t understand.  Didn’t I hypnotize you?”
“Yes.”
“Then you must do what I say and call me ‘mistress.’”
“I know I should, but, somehow, I can’t.”
“Why?”
“I think my trance isn’t strong enough.  Some of my impulses and emotions still remain.  And they prevent me from doing everything you tell me to.”
Now Sarah was really annoyed.  “You mean I didn’t hypnotize you well enough?”
“Yes, Sarah.”
“Then I guess that means you won’t confess your crimes?”
“No, Sarah.”
“Then what will you do?”
“I could serve you food and drink if that is your desire.”
“No thanks.  Hmmm.  Will you answer my questions?”
“I believe so, Sarah.”
“Ok.  Why did you hypnotize me to help you rob that bank?  Was it personal or something?”
“No, Sarah.  I just wanted to have some fun, and I enjoy messing with law officials.  I only did that to you because you were there.  It could have been anyone.”
“So, why do you keep tormenting me now?”
“Because I still enjoy toying with law officials.  Also, you keep trying to interfere with my fun.  I’m wicked, I enjoy bothering those who annoy me.  It’s not personal; at least, it wasn’t at first.”
Sarah sighed.  “Jake was right.  I did take it too personally at first.  Now, Dawn, I think I will have something to eat.  Make me something you think I’d like,” she ordered.
“Yes, Sarah.”  Dawn got up and entered the kitchen.
Lucia viewed the whole thing from the stairs.  “This is really bizarre,” she said.
**************
The next day was almost as uneventful as the first.  Sarah hadn’t been able to get Dawn to do much else, so she had sent her to bed the previous night.
That evening, Dawn and Sarah were reading when the doorbell rang.  Dawn, still in Sarah’s body, answered the door.
Outside stood the blue-haired dragoness who worked with Sarah.  She smiled at Dawn.  “Hi, Sarah.”
“Hi.... you,” Dawn replied.  She invited the dragoness inside.  “What are you doing here?”
“I was wondering if you’d accompany me on a ride.”
Dawn smiled, thinking she could humiliate Sarah if she got a little more information.  “Why?  Sar- I mean, I’m off duty at the moment.”
The dragoness smiled, then said, “I’m supposed to keep it a secret, but I just can’t.  The department wants to award you a commendation for your service to Yoto.  They’re holding a party in your honor tonight.”
Sarah got wide eyed as Dawn smiled.  “Why, that sounds wonderful.  Of course I’ll-“
Sarah cut in.  “Could you please wait upstairs for a few minutes while I talk with Da- Sarah?” she asked the dragoness.
The dragoness looked at Sarah with complete contempt.  “Why should I, you scum?”
Hearing that from a colleague hurt Sarah deeply.
“It’ll be alright,” Dawn said.  “Please wait upstairs.”  The dragoness complied.
“Please don’t do this to me, Dawn,” Sarah begged.  “Just go, say a few words, and leave it at that.”
“Oh, I don’t know,” Dawn said thoughtfully.  “I think the audience would like to know a few of your embarrassing secrets.”
“If you do, I’ll have your tail-“
“Nice try, officer, but I know you wouldn’t do that over something so petty,” Dawn countered.
Before Sarah could say something else, the doorbell rang again.  Sarah answered the door.  Outside stood several incubi and succubi.
“May I help you?”
“Dawn, what’s wrong with you?” one of the succubi asked.
“I’m sorry?”
“You said you’d take us out on a night around town.”
Dawn recognized her friends and started to fret.  She rushed forward and pushed Sarah out of the way.
“Um, I was talking with Dawn.  Could you please wait in the kitchen for a few minutes?”
The demons looked at Dawn with hatred.  “Why should we, bitch?” one of the incubi said.
Hearing that hurt Dawn.
Sarah stepped forward, smiling.  “It’s okay.  Go ahead and wait.  Help yourself to some food.”  Puzzled, Dawn’s friends did so.
Sarah smiled victoriously at Dawn.  “So, it looks like I’ve got a bargaining chip now.”
Dawn scowled.  “Fine.  A truce.  You don’t do anything to humiliate me, and I won’t do anything to humiliate you.”
“Sounds good to me.”  Sarah held out her hand.  Dawn shook it.  Even though they hated each other, they knew they would both abide to this agreement.
**************
Dawn rode with the dragoness down to the police department.
“What is it like living with that skank of a succubus?”
Dawn started to scowl, then composed her face.  Ok, she’s on my list.  “Well, she is difficult, and very annoying to those she doesn’t like.  But she’s very clever.  After she ruined our investigation, I haven’t been able to get a shred of evidence on her.”
“That’s tough.  She really needs to pay for what she did to the dress uniform code.”
Dawn smiled at the memory.  “Probably.  But look at it this way.  Trying to keep up with her keeps my skills sharp.”
“I guess.”  The dragoness shrugged.  “We’re almost there.”
**********
Sarah was quite uncomfortable with her situation.  Here she was, surrounded by powerful demons, pretending to be something she wasn’t.  Still, she had made an agreement with Dawn to not embarrass her, so that was what she would do.  Right now, she and Dawn’s friends were just walking through the dark streets.
“I wonder what we should do?” an incubus asked.
“Let’s find some poor saps and drain them,” a succubus suggested.
Ah ha!  A crime! Sarah thought.  Then she remembered that she had no authority at the moment.  She thought quickly.
“Um, why don’t we try something different tonight?” she suggested.
Everyone eyed her.  “Different?”
“Yeah, um, why don’t we just go to a bar and have a nice, pleasant evening?”
Now they were getting suspicious.  “Something’s wrong with you, Dawn,” one of the incubi pointed.  “You’re being way too polite and-“
Sarah realized she wasn’t acting like Dawn and rectified that.  She slapped the incubus hard.  “You’ll shut up and do as I say, or I’ll make you regret it!”
The incubus rubbed his red cheek and smiled.  “Now that’s the Dawn I know, rough and tough.”
Sarah raised her arm into the air.  “Let’s go and party!”
“Yeah!” the demons yelled.
************
Dawn and the dragoness pulled up to the police station and entered the building.  As soon as they stepped into the office area, which was dark, the lights turned on and nearly the whole force yelled, “Congratulations!!!”  Sparklers and confetti flew through the air.
Dawn pretended to be surprised and cried, “Oh my goodness!  What’s going on?”  There are so many officers here.  If I had my powers, think of all the fun I could have.
The chief of police stepped forward and said to Dawn, “We are here to congratulate you, Sarah, on the fine job you have done in protecting Yoto from the scum of society.”
***************
Sarah and Dawn’s friends had gone to a night club, called The Copper.  Inside, there were many people, dancing to rock music played by a band.  There was drinking and pool games.  Sarah and the demons were doing both.  Despite what Sarah had initially thought, she was actually having a great time.
One of the succubi and Sarah were starting a new game.  The succubus was chalking her pool stick.
“So, what’s it like living with that uptight cop?” she asked.
Sarah kept her cool.  What would Dawn say?  “Well, she’s always on my case.  She’s hell-bent on putting me in jail ever since I made her help me rob a bank.”
“That must be annoying,” an incubus said.
Sarah shrugged.  “Sometimes.  Still, she’s a constant reminder that I need to be careful when I have my fun.  Besides, with her in the house, I can have a law official be my slave or an energy snack whenever I want.”
Dawn’s friends laughed.
The succubus used both her hands to line up the pool stick with the white ball and used her tail to move the stick back and forth.
After she made her shot, it was Sarah’s turn.  She just used her hands.
“What’s wrong?” another incubus asked.
“Huh?”
“You’re shaking the pool stick.”
Sarah noticed that he was right.  For some reason, she didn’t know why, she had recently been shaking and feeling more stressed.  She focused, and the shaking stopped.  “It was nothing,” she said, taking her shot.
**********
Dawn and the police force were gathered in the conference room.  Dawn and the police chief were standing at the front of the room, the chief holding a certificate and a trophy.  After a short speech, commending Sarah for her service, he handed her both and shook her hand.  Dawn smiled and faced the crowd.
“Speech!”  someone yelled.
It caught on.  “Speech!”  “Speech!”  “Speech!”
Dawn started to sweat a little.  “Uh, I couldn’t-“
“SPEECH!!!”
Dawn gulped.  She was about to say some things that she didn’t believe or want to say, but she had made a promise.  She took a deep breath and came up with something.
“What can I say about my service to the city?  Well, it’s been a lot of hard work.  Sometimes, it’s been so hard that I’ve almost felt like quitting.  But then I realize that, if I did, I’d have to leave all of you.  And that would be the worst mistake of all.  Besides, helping people is what I live for.  The thought of leaving this city at the mercy of criminals like that succubus Dawn is unbearable.  I love my job, and I love all of you, and I know that, together, we can make Yoto even safer than it is now.  The only thing that could possibly make this city even more safe would be to take away Mato’s inventing license.”
There was much laughing and applauding.  Dawn blushed.
The blue haired dragoness then stepped forward, holding another trophy.  “We have another award for you, this one unofficial.”
Dawn accepted the trophy, confused.  “What is it?”
The dragoness smiled.  “We had a vote around the department, and you’ve been voted ‘Best Body on the Force!’”  Laughing and applauding resumed.  Dawn smiled again.
“Why don’t you show us why you earned that?” one of the male officers shouted.
Dawn smiled even tighter.  “Oh, what the hell?”  She put down her awards and started unbuttoning her shirt.  Dawn couldn’t believe that she was actually having a good time.
***********
Sarah and Dawn’s friends were now walking along the dark streets, having left the club.
“That was a great evening, Dawn,” a succubus said.
“Yeah.  Well, I’ll see you all later,” Sarah said, turning to leave.
“Wait.”  Sarah turned back.  “There’s one other thing.”  She started reaching into her bag.
An incubus spoke up.  “We saw that video of you freaking out over that spider.”
Sarah blushed.  “Uh, well...”
“If you want to keep our respect, you have to do something.”
Sarah started to panic.  “What?”
The succubus pulled a huge, live spider out of her bag and held it out.  “Kiss it.”
Sarah breathed a sigh of relief.  Unlike Dawn, she actually liked spiders, even if they were gigantic.  She kissed the top of the spider’s head.  The others laughed.  Then they split ways and Sarah went home.
**********
The fifth day after the incident in the lab, Dawn and Sarah were eating out in town in an outdoor cafe.  They were just sitting and drinking coffee.  Today, Sarah’s shaking was even worse, and she felt very uneasy.  It was if she desired something, but she didn’t know what.
“Well?” Dawn said.
“Well what?” Sarah asked.
“Aren’t you going to thank me for filling in for you last night?”
Sarah smiled.  “Technically, I don’t have to.  You didn’t do me a favor.  It was an agreement through which we both benefited, so I don’t owe you anything.”
“Ungrateful,” Dawn muttered.
“Dawn?”
“Yeah?”
“I want to say that, being in your body has been a very interesting experience.  Not only because of your physical abilities, but by the way you socialize with others.  I never knew having friends like those demons could be so much fun.”
Dawn smiled.  “Ditto.”
They were about to resume there drinks when Dawn noticed something.  “You’re shaking.”
“What?”
“You keep shaking your cup of coffee.  Maybe you should put it down.”  Sarah did so.  “What’s wrong?”
Sarah didn’t want to talk about this, but decided that Dawn was the best source of information.  “Well, shortly after we switched bodies, this shaking started.  It was only a little bit at first, but it’s been getting worse over the past few days.  And recently, I’ve been feeling a craving for something, but I don’t know what.  I just know I want it to stop.  I’m starting to feel horrible.”
Dawn looked thoughtful for a few moments, then widened her eyes.  “I think I know what it is.”
Sarah looked eager.  “You do?  What is it?”
Dawn pointed to a nearby dark alley.  “Can you wait for me there?”
Sarah became suspicious.  “Why?”
“Trust me.  I know, you don’t trust me, but I promise this is in your best interest.  Just please wait for me for a few minutes.”
Sarah was so desperate to feel better that she did as Dawn asked.
*********
Dawn stood right outside the alley where Sarah waited.  She was surveying the sidewalks, looking for something.  She eventually spotted it.  It was a girl she knew who often walked by here at this time of day.  It was a school girl named Kimiko.  She was a purple haired teenager currently wearing her school girl uniform and carrying her school bag.  Dawn had drained Kimiko before, so she knew some information about her.
As Kimiko got nearer, Dawn blocked her path.  “Excuse me, are you Kimiko?”
Kimiko looked surprised.  “Yes.  May I help you, officer?”
“There was an incident at your home a short while ago.  I need to take you down to the station.”
“Oh my God.  Are my parents and brothers-?”
“They’re fine,” Dawn assured her.  “We just need you to answer a few questions.  If you’ll please follow me?”  Kimiko nodded and followed Dawn into the alley.
*********
Sarah anxiously waited for Dawn to return.  Her nervousness and shaking and cravings seemed to intensify several levels every minute.
She finally spotted Dawn entering the alley with a girl.  Just before they reached her, Dawn reached up and pinched the area between the girl’s neck and shoulder.  The girl fainted and started to fall forward before Dawn caught her.
Sarah rushed forward, alarmed.  “What did you do to her!?  What are you doing?!”
“Relax,” Dawn said.  “I just rendered her unconscious.  Sarah, meet Kimiko, the answer to your problems.”
“Huh?”
“You see Sarah, the reason you’ve been off balance lately is because you’ve been craving energy.”
Sarah was shocked.  “WHAT!?”
Dawn sighed.  “Ok, explanation time.”  She laid Kimiko down on the ground.  “You see, though we succubi do not need to drain people’s energy in order to survive, we still have an inherent craving for energy.  It’s kind of like an addiction to a drug.  That’s one of the reasons many succubi disregard the law and drain people.  However, we’re also trained from a very early age to be able to resist those cravings.  It requires a certain state of mind.  Because of it, I don’t need to drain people because of any such cravings.  However, you’ve never had that training.  You’re suffering from the equivalent of drug withdrawal.”
Sarah was scared.  “You, you mean, I have to...?”
Dawn nodded.  “In order to stop feeling the way you do, you have to drain someone.”
“You’re lying!”
Dawn shook her head.  “No I’m not.”
“But, but, I could never do that.”  But Sarah was not sure that was true.
“You know you want to,” Dawn tempted her.  “It’s what you’ve been craving.  Besides, you won’t hurt her.  She’ll just feel weak for a little while.”
“But...”
“It’s the only way, Sarah.”
Sarah wanted to resist, but she just felt so weak.  Every fiber of her being was telling her that it was wrong, yet she needed to do it.  So, she said the hardest thing she’d ever had to say.  “Ok, I’ll do it,” she weakly said, crying.
Dawn smiled.  Seeing Sarah like this was satisfying to her, knowing that the cop would have to indulge in the very thing she kept frowning upon Dawn doing.  “Very good.  This is how you drain someone.”  She gave Sarah a few simple instructions.  “But since this is your first time, it’ll probably be easiest if she’s awake, so you’ll have to hypnotize her.”
Since she was already in this deep, Sarah decided she might as well.  She gently shook Kimiko awake.
Kimiko blinked and started to get up.  “What, what happened?”  Then she saw Sarah’s brown eyes.  They were so beautiful.  Kimiko’s will and resistance was much weaker than Dawn’s.  Within moments, Sarah had her entranced and enslaved.
“You will obey me,” Sarah commanded as Dawn watched.
“Yes, I will obey you,” the school girl responded.
“Then stand still and relax.”  Sarah slowly started reaching for Kimiko’s face with her right hand.  Her arm was trembling as she did it.  Dawn watched with a smile as Sarah gave into her temptations.
But, just before her forefinger reached Kimiko’s forehead, Sarah stopped and pulled her arm back, closing her hand into a fist and pressing it against her head.  “Get out of this alley, wake up, and forget this happened!  Quickly!”
“As you command.”  Kimiko left.
Disappointed, Dawn walked up behind Sarah.  “Ah, why’d you wimp ou-“
Sarah grabbed Dawn by the shoulders and slammed her into the wall, violently.  Dawn was momentarily stunned.  Sarah got up in Dawn’s face.
“You truly are pathetic, Dawn!  Trying to tempt me to be like you!  You wanted me to do something illegal.  But I won’t!  I’m not like you!  I’m nothing like you!”
Dawn recovered, grabbed Sarah’s hands, and forced her to let her go.  “Fine, have it your own way.  I was only trying to help.  But know this, Sarah.  This craving sensation you have; it’s going to get worse.  A lot worse.  In a few hours, you’re going to be a complete mess.  You’ll drain anyone nearby in order to quench your thirst, whether you want to or not.”  Dawn walked away, leaving Sarah to ponder this.
********
Sarah was left in the alley, her mind in chaos.  In order to feel better, she had to drain someone.  But that was illegal, and it was wrong.  She knew that if she indulged in such a thing, she would become like Dawn, and she refused to do that.  But she also knew that Dawn was right.  The craving was going to get worse and worse.  It took a great deal of effort to stop from running onto the street and grabbing and draining an innocent.  She knew what she had to do.
She hurried back to the Mato residence, and ran down to the lab, past a confused Jake and several of the girls.
She found Mato working on the mind transfer devices.  She ran up to him.  “Professor!”
He turned to face her.  “Yes, Sarah?”
Right now, Mato looked like a target to Sarah.  She so desperately wanted to drain someone, even him.  She shook her head to clear it.  “I need you to incarcerate me!  Put me somewhere where I can’t get to people!”
“Sarah, this is my lab, not your jail house.  I’m not going to-“
Sarah grabbed Mato by the throat.  “Do it!” she yelled in his face.  She let him go.
Mato rubbed at his throat.  “Alright, alright.”  He led her to a transparent capsule.  He operated a nearby console, and a door in the capsule opened.  “I’ve been designing the perfect succubi prison for another project.  You should be quite well contained in there.”
Sarah pushed past him, ran into the capsule, and sealed herself in.  She sat on the floor, hugged her legs against her chest, and started crying over how weak she felt.
***********
Sarah was still in the capsule the next day, doing her best to control herself.  But it wasn’t working.  Her shaking was much worse, and it was getting harder to think and speak straight.  She had asked everyone to leave her alone.
Just hold out for a bit longer.  Then I’ll have my body back and this’ll be over.
She heard footsteps and saw that Jake was entering the lab, alone.  He walked up to her.
“Hi, Sarah.”
“Jake, what are you doing here?  I asked you-“
“I know what you asked,” Jake interrupted her.  “Let me talk to you, please.”
Sarah sighed and nodded.
“Dawn told us the basic idea of what’s going on with you.  And we’re all proud of you.  You’re going to great lengths to protect us and keep yourself from doing something you believe to be wrong.”
Sarah managed a smile.  “Thank you.”
“You’ve proven how strong you are.  So please listen to me.  You need to drain someone.”
Sarah snarled.  “I won’t!”
“You have to,” Jake pleaded.  “Mato told me that with your body chemistry and mental state like it currently is, he’s unwilling to use his mind transfer machine on you again.”
“What?”
“He says that it’s too risky.  If your body and mind aren’t in a less distressed state, there could be complications in the process.”
“Then I’ll wait until he makes a better machine!”
Jake shook his head.  “There isn’t time.  Apparently, the transfer had a side effect he just found out about.  If we don’t reverse the transfer tomorrow, you could be stuck in Dawn’s body for the rest of your life.”
Sarah took several minutes to absorb and ponder his words.  Then she reached a decision.  “I don’t care.  I’m not draining anyone.”
“Sarah-“
“NO!” she screamed.  Jake was taken aback.  “I won’t be like Dawn!  I’m better than her!  I won’t be so petty as to do something illegal to another person to satisfy my own desires!”
Jake respected her decision, but he was her friend, and he was going to do what was in her best interest.  He walked to the console and after a minute unlocked the capsule.  He walked inside with Sarah.
Right now, all Sarah saw in front of her was what she needed.  It would be simple, oh so simple, to just reach out and take him and drain him.
“Get out, Jake!  Go!”
“I will not.  I am your friend, and I’m going to help you.  Drain me.”
“No!”
“Sarah, I’m offering myself to you.  Just do it.”
“NOOOO!!!!!”  Sarah, with her last ounce of self control, rushed forward, slammed into Jake, and shoved him outside the capsule.  She then sealed herself back in and huddled on the ground again.
Jake realized that Sarah wouldn’t listen to him.  Nor would she listen to anyone else.  He also knew that if he forced her through hypnosis, or kept pressuring her, their friendship would be irreparably damaged.  Friendship?  Jake got an idea.
***********
It was the morning of the seventh day after Dawn and Sarah switched bodies arrived.  The previous day and night had been absolute hell for Sarah.  She was feeling sick to her stomach, her mind was a jumble, her body spasming.  All she wanted to do now was drain someone.
“Sarah?” a familiar voice said.
Sarah looked up and saw her best friend’s face.  “J, J, Jessica?”
Jessica nodded.  She looked like she’d been through a few things.  She had a couple of burns, bruises, and cuts on her body.  “Jake called me yesterday and I hurried back.”
“But, but...”
“It’s okay.  My assignment’s as good as completed.  He told me you were in trouble, so I got back as soon as I could.  I’ve been told about everything that’s happened, so don’t talk, just listen.”
Sarah kept quiet.
“Sarah, I’ve known you for a while now.  You are the best friend I have ever had, and we know each other well.  You are a dedicated law official, a keeper of the peace.  You are the finest officer I’ve ever met, and the most just person I have ever known.  You would never commit a wrong.  The thought of doing something illegal could never be right to you.  You have proven to everyone who knows you how good a person you are.  Now, you are feeling the need to do something you believe to be wrong, and it’s having horrible effects on you.  Despite the consequences of not draining someone, you still refuse to do it.  But you don’t have to worry now.  Like you, I also work to uphold the law.  Maybe I do it differently than you do, but we essentially are the same thing.  And I say that it is all right for you to drain someone under these circumstances.  Do you understand?  I am giving you my permission, both as your friend, and as your colleague, to do what you have to.”
Jessica’s words sounded so right to Sarah.  Jessica had just given Sarah the right to do what she needed.
“So, please Sarah, drain me.  Will you let me help you?”
After a moment, Sarah nodded.  “Thank you,” she whispered, tears in her eyes.
Jessica operated the console and opened the door for Sarah.  As soon as Sarah was free, her instincts took over.  She pounced on Jessica, pinning her to the ground.  Jessica didn’t struggle.  She just let Sarah do what she had to.
Sarah pressed her hand against Jessica’s head and pulled it back.  Jessica’s energy began draining towards Sarah’s hand.  It was a very weird sensation for Jessica.  When Sarah had taken an amount, she formed it into an orb and absorbed it into her body.  It provided a rush through her body, and an intense feeling of calm came over her.  It felt so good.  Sarah pressed her hand against Jessica again and drained more energy and absorbed it.
As she was about to go for a third drain, Jessica fell unconscious, and Sarah came back to her senses.
“Jessica?  Jessica!”  She felt Jessica’s throat and found that her pulse was still strong.  Sarah sighed in relief.
The energy she had taken from Jessica was having an effect.  Her body was becoming more calm.  Her mind was coming into focus.  She was in control of herself again.
Sarah whispered, “Thank you, Jessica.”  She then picked Jessica up and carried her back into the house.  The rest of the household was in the living room.  After explaining what had happened, Sarah carried Jessica to her room and tucked her into her bed.  She then went back to the living room.
“Feeling better?” Jake asked.
Sarah nodded.  “Much.  Thank you, Jake.”  She turned to Mato.  “How much longer?”
“The machine should be ready in six hours or so,” he replied.
“Well, since that’s the case,” Dawn said, getting up, “I’m going to go do a few things.  I’ll be back in a few hours.”  As she headed to the door, she stopped and turned to Sarah.  Hesitatingly, she said, “Sarah, the way you resisted draining someone for so long was incredible.  I’m impressed.”  Then she left.
After Dawn gave Sarah that compliment, Lucia said, “This is really, really bizarre.”
“Is there anything you’d like to do before we get you back to normal?” Fawn asked.
Sarah looked thoughtful for a moment, then smiled.  “Yes.  There are a few things I’d like to do before I give Dawn her body back.”
*************
Six hours later, Dawn and Sarah emerged from the capsules.  “Did it work?” Katia asked.
Sarah looked at her hands and smiled.  “Yep, I’m me.”
Dawn stretched out her body.  “Good to be back to normal.”
Jessica walked forward and hugged Sarah.  Sarah hugged back.
“So, do you two think you’ve gained a better appreciation and respect for each other?” Jake asked the girls.
“No,” Dawn and Sarah replied.
*Everyone else falls over.*
“WHAT!?”
“All I learned from this experience was what it’s like to have a succubi’s body,” Sarah said.
“And all I gained was the experience of what it’s like to be a puny mortal,” Dawn added.
“She’s still a criminal,” Sarah said.
“And she’s still a goodie-two-shoes spoil sport,” Dawn said.
They looked at each other and nodded.  “And we still hate each other,” they said together.
*Everyone falls over again.*
The group went back upstairs.  “Hey, Sarah,” Dawn said with a smile on her face, “now that we’ve technically been inside each others bodies, doesn’t that mean we’ve practically done it?”
Sarah froze in place for a few seconds.  Everyone besides Dawn covered their ears and dove for cover.
“AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
*This time, the shock of her scream is so bad that Dawn is thrown through a wall and every window and mirror in the house shatters.*
Everyone picked themselves up and Dawn crawled back through the wall.
“Are you sure you two aren’t banshees?” Jake asked.
Sarah shook her head and came to her senses.  “Oh, by the way, could you all come here for a second?”  She reached into a drawer and pulled out a legal contract and a pen.
“What’s that?” Yuta asked.
“Oh, it’s just a contract saying that all those who sign it will never speak of this incident ever again, under some rather unpleasant penalties if they do.”  Sarah handed the pen to Jake, who signed it.
When everyone except Sarah and Dawn had signed, Dawn laughed.  “I’m not going to sign that.”
Sarah smiled at her.  “Actually, you already did.”
“What!?”  She looked at the contract and found her name, written in her signature.  “But, but...”
Now Sarah laughed.  “I signed it while I was still in your body after learning your signature.  So, legally, you are bound by it was well.”  Then Sarah signed her own name and put the contract away.
“I feel so violated,” Dawn moaned.
Sarah got a wicked grin on her face.  “If you think you feel violated now, maybe you should check your marital status.”  Then Sarah walked out of the room.
“What do you mean?” Dawn called after her.  “Sarah?  Sarah!”  Then Dawn noticed that she had a golden wedding ring on her finger.  She also then noticed a similar ring on Mato.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
*All the windows in the city of Yoto shatter from Dawn’s anguished cry.*
**********

Hi.  Adam here.  That was my sixth fanfic.  Yes, six might be an unusual number for a fanfic author, but I just love writing for this series so much.  I’m always willing to assist others with their stories, and I’m always open to story ideas.  Please, send any comments or requests to gbrn32e@yahoo.com.  You can also Yahoo Instant Message me at gbrn32e.  Thank you.  Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment