Monday 24 January 2005

Every Adventure Begins With A Crazy Old Man

Jake is taken from our world to the Anime Dimension and is given hypnotic powers.

Jake was an average guy. As his senior year at high school neared its first day, he found himself being pretty bored. He didn’t go out more than twice a week, being a huge anime and video game fan. Everyone knew these things, but no one knew his hidden passion. He was a member of an online group where the members manipulated videos and pictures of anime girls to be under hypnosis. He loved it, dreaming of beautiful and exotic girls and women obeying his every command. He had just gotten off of the group one Friday night and turned on the TV. His favorite series was being shown all night long. He sat on his bed and proceeded to watch a world of adventure.

Jake had been sitting in front of the TV for hours. His favorite episode of the series was on, and the fighting was about to begin. Suddenly the TV went blank. “NO! Not when the villain’s about to use the Deathfist on all of Japan!” Jake ran to the TV and tired hitting it to no avail. Sadly, he went back to his bed. He reached for the remote to turn it off when suddenly the TV began to glow. Jake was caught up by a blinding flash. He couldn’t see anything and raised his arms up to block the light from his eyes. “YO! Someone turn off the lights!”

“Sorry

The lights slowly faded. Jake blinked and his eyes slowly adjusted to his surroundings. His new surroundings, as he now stood in some kind of high tech lab. Machines were everywhere, along with a young woman and elderly man, both dressed in lab coats.

The elderly man was dancing around. “It works! My hyper dimensional gateway version seven works! I’m a genius!”

“Where, what, when, huh?” Jake was stunned. (Wasn’t I just in my room?)

“That’s good Professor Mato,” the young girl said. “But you really should send the subject home now.

“Someone please tell me what is going on!” Jake yelled.

The professor stopped. “Oh hi! I’m Professor Mato, but everyone calls me the Professor, and this is my assistant Barbara. Welcome to our dimension.

Jake finally looked at the girl and was stunned at how beautiful she was. She had short brown hair and brown eyes behind her glasses. “Um, hello. I’m Jake, and what did the old man mean dimension?

“Oh, he means that with these machines, we pulled you out of your location in the space time warp fields and brought you here. I’m afraid that the old man wants to ask you some questions on your world.

“I’m still not understanding this.” Jake said.

The professor got a clipboard and pen. “Please, years of research of your dimension depends on this one question.

Jake shrugged. “Okay, shoot.

“How exactly would you describe the Great War?

Jake looked in disbelief at the older man. “You do realize that ended over seventy years before I was born, right?

The professor slapped his hand against his forehead. “I’ve got the wrong date! Blasted malfunctioning machine! I was supposed to get a famous general. Oh, you don’t know anything about the Great War?

“Well of course I do. We learn about both World Wars in school almost every year.

“Two? Your world had two Great Wars?

“Well, after the second we called them World Wars…

“Oh, happy day!” The old man began dancing again. “No one ever guessed that your world had two conflicts of that scale. Please, can you tell me much?

“Sure, but can I go home afterwards?

“Oh, I have no way to send you back. Now, when did it begin?

“World War two started in…Did you just say you can’t send me back?” Jake grabbed the old man. “Send me back, I want to go home!

“Ack!” the old man was very startled.

“No, don’t do that!” Barbara quickly had Jake put the Professor down. “That’s not the way to have the old man work.

“Exactly! Have some respect for your elders,” the Professor stated.

“You have to shake him hard.” Barbara suddenly picked up the old man by his lab coat and shook him hard. “What did I tell you! You just can’t go around playing with the universe without any consequences! DON’T YOU RESPECT THE PHYSICAL LAWS OF REALITY!!!!!!

“AckAckAckAck!” the professor yelped.

“You two are acting a lot like the anime I like to watch.

Barbara turned to Jake in surprise, dropping the Professor. “Of course. This is the Anime dimension.

Jake just stared. “Anime…what is the Anime dimension?

The Professor leaped to his feet and walked over to a large screen. “Here, I’ll show you.” He turned on the screen. It showed giant robots battling it out with titanic snakes in a harbor.

Jake was impressed. “Cool movie. Looks real

“Movie? I wish! Those darn Antarctic Snakes are attacking the harbor again. But the police usually keep the out.

“What?!?!” Jake then noticed the words ‘Live Feed from News 7’ at the bottom of the screen. He looked in disbelief as one of the machines launched dozens of missiles at a snake. The Professor flipped the channels, showing many incredible things, including a space station the size of Utah and mermaids. He finally left it on a channel where a girl and what appeared to be an elf were modeling bikinis.

“Oh, Professor! Not the Bikini Channel again. That’s it, I’m leaving,” Barbara grabbed a purse from a table. “I’ll see you tomorrow sir.

Jake was stunned. “Wait a minute! You can’t leave me with Mr. Crazy Old Guy who kidnaps people!

“Don’t worry, once he makes a mistake, the Professor makes it right. Right, Prof.?” Barbara looked sternly at the old man.

The Professor threw up his hands defensively. “Yes, just no more with the shaking! I promise!

“See? He’ll be fine. I’ll see you later,” And with that, Barbara left. Jake could only watch her go, noticing for the first time how low cut her clothes were. She had a nice body too. Jake turned and saw the Professor staring at the TV. He noticed both of the models were stunning.

The Professor noticed too. “Ah, if only I were young again…or my fountain of youth had actually worked instead of blowing up five city blocks,” The Professor turned to Jake. “Not bad, huh?

“Yea, they are pretty cute. I mean, I’ve never seen an…elf…before…but she looks great. Are many of the girls like that?

“Like what?

“You know, beautiful women. I mean, I know it’s not nice, but how many girls are there in this dimension that are unattractive?

“Unattractive? Girls can be unattractive?

“What do you mean…” Jake suddenly grasped his companions confusion. He grabbed the old man. “Do you mean to tell me that every girl in this dimension is gorgeous?!

“Ouch! I didn’t do anything wrong so don’t hurt me!” Jake put the man down. “Honestly, a genius of my rare caliber should not have to put up with such things. Now, yes, in the anime dimension, every person of the female persuasion is attractive. Next question.

“Okay, why do you call it ‘anime dimension’?

“Because that’s what your dimension calls the recordings of our lives.

“What?

“You see, every fictional book, movie, play, TV show, etc. in any dimension actually happened in another dimension. Some people just manage to feel these events, and record them as entertainment thinking they made them up. But in actuality, those people witnessed an event that occurred to someone else. Anime is actually the name of the sun in our solar system, but the people in your world somehow use the word to describe our specific stories, usually in an animated form. Next question, please.

“Why are there elves, and mermaids, and who knows what else?

“That’s right, you only have humans. In some dimensions, many different forms of people exist, while others have just a few. Here, we have many different kinds. And before you can ask, a female of any type is very hot. I dated this cat girl once when I was younger, and…

“I really don’t need to hear details of a person’s sex life, sir.

“Sir? You do show respect! So many forget to respect their elders. Barbara is a great assistant, but I think I deserve more respect than she gives me. I’ll tell you what; I want you to have something. Come here, there’s something I want you to have.” As the Professor walked across the vast lab, he spoke more. “Can’t use it myself. Not as young as I used to be, plus I need to invent so much. But you, my lad, stuck here, and at your age, you can do this for me. I need my experiments, but you can do this for me.” The Professor stopped in front of a lit monitor with a pad in front of it. “Place you hand on the pad.

Jake shrugged. “Okay, why not.” Jake placed his hand, and felt a hard jolt throughout his entire body. “Hey!” He held his hand, which hurt for only a second. “You promised Barbara that you’d behave.

“Don’t worry. This machine works perfectly. It inputs years of training and alters your physical, mental, and genetic capabilities to excel at certain tasks.

“What tasks?

The Professor beamed proudly. “This little baby just made you the most powerful hypnotist this dimension has ever seen.

Jake stared for a second, then burst out laughing. The Professor looked annoyed. “What’s funny about that?

“Come on! You expect me to believe that?

“Sure, don’t you have hypnosis where you’re from?

“Yeah, but hypnosis really isn’t all you think it is. It’s fake. I mean sure, what guy doesn’t dream of having girls obeying him, but it’s not real.

“Yes it is.

“No, I just got through explaining…

“Look, in your dimension, planets are different, right?

“Of course. So?

“So on different planets, different rules about what is possible apply. For example, on one planet you couldn’t stand up, while on another you could jump very high. Correct?

“Sure.

“Well, in different dimensions there are different rules. And in this one, mind control is very real.

“Seriously?

“Of course! And thanks to one of my greatest inventions, you now have the ability to put any lovely under your complete and total control! I’m a genius!

(This can’t possibly be true.) Jake was just about to dismiss the old man as insane, when he thought of everything he had witnessed. (No way.) “Are you serious about this?

“Yes! I AM A GENIUS!

“Okay, but what do I do…

“Here take these.” The Professor handed over a small notebook computer, an ID card, and an orange gem on a chain. “The noteputer has everything ingrained into you on file, as well as helpful hints and suggestions. Study before you try anything!”

Jake held the items in one hand. “And what’s so special about this gem?

“Absolutely nothing. But you can channel your hypnotic energies through it, or anything else for that matter. Now I would appreciate detailed journal entries of every hypnotic encounter during your experiment.

“Okay, how…

“And any girls you keep for at least several sessions I would appreciate the opportunity to study their brain patterns hypnotized.

“Wait a minute…

“Feel free to chose whatever lovelies you want, since your working in an experiment for me, we have the full support of the government and authorities to do whatever we please. As long as I try not to blow up too much stuff. Just make sure you have the ID card on you at all times. Go nuts out there!

“Do you know…

The Professor began pushing him to a door. “Now, you can use the guest house next door. Fully stocked and furnished so you’ll love it. We’ll just tell everyone that you’re my grandson come to live with me. And go for some cuties! Make them do whatever you want, heaven knows I can’t get Barbara to do half of what a good assistant should.

“Can you slow down for…

“Okay see you tomorrow!” And with that, Jake was shoved out the door. Jake turned around just to see the door shut behind him. The lab was actually what appeared to be a ten-story building in the middle of a regular neighborhood. (Just like in the shows) Jake turned and saw another building on the property, a three-story house that looked fairly expensive. (The old fool is rich. Sure, why not? Makes perfect sense with everything else in this whacked out dimension) Jake was exhausted. Not caring about all the insane things he had witnessed, he simply went inside his new home, into the large master bedroom, and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment